Request for an intermediary
This is a method of application in which the university submits the application for residence to the Immigration Bureau on behalf of the student. You will be responsible for preparing the application documents. You must prepare all the necessary documents and submit them to University General Information Desk.
The application procedure by the university are as follows.
- Application for permission to extend the period of stay
- Application for permission to engage Others Activities (part-time work)
- Application for permission to extend your period of stay must be processed before the expiration of your period of stay. If you miss the expiration date by even one day, you are considered to be in Japan illegally.
You can apply for this permission from three months before your period of stay expires. Please check your period of stay and apply as soon as possible.
- Students with poor grades or low credit scores may be required to have a personal interview before applying for the extension of their period of stay. If you do not respond to the interview, you will not be able to apply for renewal.
- There may be cases where you are asked to apply on your own if your grades are poor or your credits are insufficient.
- It may take some time to process your application. Please make sure to submit your application in advance.
【About the Information Session for Renewal】
We will hold a briefing session in mid-April. All students who will be expiring between May and August are encouraged to attend. For more information about the briefing, please check the bulletin board or the Facebook page.
If you have any other questions regarding your status of residence, please contact University General Information Desk.
Documents Required for Application for Extension of Period of Stay
- Application form (3 pages)
- Center office
- One ID photo (3cm x 4cm)
- Original and copy of your passport
- Residence card (Copies of both sides only)
- Fee: Revenue stamp 4,000 yen
- Application for permission to engage in Others Activities (for students who want to work part-time)
- Residence Card Name Print Request Form
- Copies of the bankbook
If you apply within one year after enrollment
In addition to the above documents, the following documents are required if you apply within one year after entering the school.
- Original Certificate of Admission
- Proof of payment of expenses
- Transcripts and graduation certificate from the last school
If you are no longer a student of Yamanashi Gakuin University (Withdrawal or Expulsion）
If you are no longer a student of Yamanashi Gakuin University due to withdrawal or expulsion from the university, you will lose your “Student” status. If you continue to live in Japan, you will be in violation of the law. Please be aware of the following.
（１）You must return to your home country immediately
Students must return to their home country immediately after withdrawing or expelling from the university, even if they still have some time left on their visa. If you are no longer a student of the university, your “Student” status becomes invalid. If you continue to stay in Japan in this state, you will be considered to be an “illegal resident”.
The Immigration Bureau is aware of the information of those who have lost their “Student” status. (Universities regularly report the number of foreign students who have graduated, completed their studies, withdrew or expelled from the university, and whose whereabouts are unknown to the Immigration Bureau.)
※When you return to your home country, be sure to take the necessary steps in moving out and cancelling all the necessary contract.
（２）Quit your part-time job immediately
You are not allowed to engage in activities outside of your visa status (part-time work) from the day you are expelled from school. If you have a part-time job, you will be considered to be working illegally.