School Founding Principles
To be guided by the spirit of Japan
To develop the leaders of the nation as our mission
The pursuit of virtue as an ideal
YGU aims to nurture individuals who can contribute to society with a deep understanding of Japanese culture and a broad international perspective, and to foster a rich cultural awareness and creativity in each student.
1. To foster the growth of unique individuals with a spirit of self-discipline and tolerance.
2. To develop strong-minded individuals with practical abilities, high cultural awareness, and deep expertise.
3. To nurture individuals who can contribute to local, national and international communities while striving for self-realization.
1. Respect the individuality of the student
2. Strive to show originality in education, research and management
3. Actively support the desire to take on challenges
4. Collaborate with and contribute to the local community
Greetings from IEC
Yamanashi Gakuin University offers a wide range of programs such as “Foreign Language Learning Program”, “Study Abroad Program” and “Exchange Program” to meet the needs of students who wish to improve their languange skills, learn about others culture, or deepen their studies with local students.
International Exchange Center(IEC) provides counseling for students who are studying abroad or participating in overseas training, as well as accepting international students from abroad. We ensure that students have opportunities for cross-cultural communication and experience abroad.
We expect many students to actively participate in study abroad and overseas training programs. Students not only improve their language skills, but also broaden their horizon and values by getting in touch with other cultures, which will help them to grow in their later lives.
In addition, since there are many international students on campus, the interaction between students helps them to understand different culures and to gain a broader view of the world.
IEC will continue to support students by offering various exchange programs for study and training abroad. A variety of activities with international students will also be provided to help students develop their self-development and language skills and expand their career choices.
International Exchange Center (IEC)